Terms & Conditions
Updated as of February 12, 2019
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By enrolling in this program, you agree to the following terms and conditions that govern the Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Rewards Program.
Overview of Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Rewards Program
1. Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Rewards Program (the “Program”) is a loyalty program sponsored by Square 9 Softworks, Inc. (“Sponsor”) through which individuals (“Participant(s)”) who are employed by a valid Square 9 Authorized Reseller, may earn points (“Points”) that will be credited to Participant’s GlobalAdvantage Rewards Account (“Rewards Account”) by logging their customer sales on the GlobalAdvantage Rewards Portal for qualified products and services (defined below).
Eligibility and Participation in the Program
1. The Program is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. It is void where prohibited by law. Participants must have a valid GlobalAdvantage Account from Square 9 Softworks. Accounts are free, but subject to Terms and Conditions. If you do not have a GlobalAdvantage Account, visit info.square-9.com/globaladvantage and follow the links and instructions to create an account. NOTE: Your GlobalAdvantage Account profile must include a complete first and last name. If your GlobalAdvantage Account does not meet this requirement, you may be suspended from the Program.
2. Registration. To enroll in this Program and thereby create a GlobalAdvantage Rewards Account, Participant is required to register online (info.square-9.com/globaladvantage), through the GlobalAdvantage Rewards Portal (the “portal”), with the email address associated with his/her employers business and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Continued participation in the Program constitutes each Participant’s continued full and unconditional agreement to these Program Terms and Conditions, as they may be updated from time to time (“Rules”), and representation that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules. Those who do not comply with these Rules may be prohibited from participating in the Program as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. There is a limit of one (1) Rewards Account per person/email address, regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address. The person who is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address indicated when registering (and who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria) will be deemed the Participant.
3. Participant’s Personal Information: For tax purposes, Participant is required to provide personal information that will generate a W9 form which must be executed. Sponsor will not use the Participant’s personal information collected in connection with the Rewards Account for any purpose outside of the management of this program. For a complete understanding of our privacy policies, please visit www.square-9.com/privacy.
Duration, Modification and Termination of the Program
1. The Program began on January 1, 2019 and will continue until Sponsor announces its termination, which it may do at any time, with or without notice to Participants. Sponsor also reserves the right to suspend or modify the Program, at its discretion, at any time with or without notice. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a Participant’s ability to redeem accumulated Points. Participants will be able to redeem Points at any time as set forth in the Redeeming Points section below.
2. A Participant’s continued participation in the Program constitutes his or her acceptance of any changes to these Rules.
1. Earning Points through Purchase of Select Square 9 Products:
- Sponsor will offer Points for purchase of select items through the Square 9 GlobalAdvantage program as identified on the main program page, herein a “Qualified Rewards.” Items deemed to be Qualified Rewards may change or be discontinued, at any time and without notice. Participant will earn Points as follows:
- Participants must be logged into their Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Account using a valid company email address as their username and their self defined password.
- Participant will receive Points based upon product promotions that are announced on the Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Rewards Portal each quarter. Each product will list the product name, SKU, MSRP and the number of reward points assigned for this promotional period.
- Only product purchased using a correct, valid Square 9 product SKU will be recognized as Qualified Rewards.
- Points will be credited to Participants Rewards Account within 14 days of submission for earned points.
- Points may be debited in the event of a product return or credit.
- If Participant fails to claim Points for a Qualified Product Reward within 90 days of the promotional period , Participant forfeits the ability to request Points at a later time.
- Sponsor may offer Points for purchase of specific non Square 9 products through particular strategic partner programs for limited time periods, herein “Qualified Partner Purchase.” Participants will be required to upload receipts displaying Qualified Partner Purchase and provide all other required information as proof of purchase. For each such offer, Sponsor will provide terms with details, limitations and when Points will be credited to Participant’s Rewards Account.
- If a Qualified Partner Purchase or Qualified Merchant Purchase is returned for any reason after Points have been credited, Sponsor reserves the right to deduct the corresponding Points from Participant’s Rewards Account.
2. Earning Points through other Special Offers: Sponsor may also offer Points through promotional offers and as prizes in promotional contests. . Each offer or contest will provide details and terms articulating how to participate and when Points will be credited to Participant’s Rewards Account
3. Participants may not sell, barter or otherwise conduct any unauthorized distribution of any Points awarded. If any Points purchased by Participant are distributed or used for improper purposes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or obtained through fraud or other illegal means, Sponsor may cancel, void, or refuse to honor transaction to award Points. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to prohibit Point award transactions by a Participant who Sponsor determines has acted in violation of these requirements.
Point Value, Forfeiture of Points, & Viewing Points
1. No Cash Value or Transferability. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle a member to a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. The sale or transfer of Points is strictly prohibited. Points may not be sold on any secondary market, and any transfer of Points to a secondary market shall be deemed void. Any Points remaining in a Participant’s Rewards Account if the Program is canceled will be forfeited without compensation. There shall be no carry over or transfer of Points to other Sponsor programs, unless otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Point Expiration. Points earned will expire at the end of the calendar month one year after they are earned.
3. Accrued Points Viewable in Participant’s Rewards Account. The number of Points awarded to each Participant will be tracked in the Participant’s Square 9 Rewards Account. However, each Participant will have the responsibility of ensuring that his/her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points not credited accurately must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Points. Manual issuance of Points can take up to sixty (60) days. Sponsor shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Points summaries or Participant Reward Account. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Points from a Participant Rewards Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited or obtained fraudulently. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Points and Sponsor reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Points without notice to Participants in order to assure compliance with these Rules.
4. Participants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Participant Rewards Accounts and passwords and for restricting access to their Devices and activity on their Participant Rewards Account, and Participants agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their Rewards Account. Without limiting any other remedies, Sponsor may suspend or terminate a Participant’s Reward Account if Sponsor suspects that a Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Program. Participation in the Program is subject to these Rules, as well as policies and procedures that Sponsor may adopt or modify from time to time. Any failure to abide by these Rules or any policies or procedures implemented by Sponsor, any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Program may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Sponsor in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Program, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
1. To redeem awarded points, follow the link to the Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Portal and log in. The option to Redeem points is presented on the lower right of the page.
2. The Participant will select the item(s) and quantities of what he or she would like to redeem their points for.
3. Participant will receive confirmation that the item has been purchased and the associated Points will be deducted from his/her Rewards Account.
4. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the list of items available for redemption, as well as their corresponding Point values, at any time for any reason.
5. All redemptions for items from the GlobalAdvantage Awards Portal are final and the Points will be deducted from Participant’s Rewards Account.
6. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item advertised with an item of equal or greater value if due to unavailability or for any other reason.
7. Participants will receive confirmation emails notifying them when they purchased an item through the GlobalAdvantage Rewards Portal.
8. Fulfillment process and timing will vary depending on the item acquired through the Square 9 Rewards Portal. Details will be provided at the time of redemption.
1. Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from participation in the Program.
2. As part of the registration process, Participants will be required to complete tax documents, including an IRS W-9. In the event a participant receives an aggregate value of $600 or more in redeemed awards in one calendar year, Participant will receive an IRS Form 1099 reporting the total value of all prizes won for the applicable calendar year.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any person who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Rules or any federal or state laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of the Program eligibility, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
2. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
3. The Program is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations, or other groups may not participate in the Program.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of items, or a Participant’s compliance with these Rules will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants while participating in the Program.
6. Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from participation in the Program.
7. Participants are responsible for maintaining updated contact information associated with their Square 9 ID.
8.The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Limitation of Liability
Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and promotional and advertising agencies, successors, assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Program materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any web site or any combination thereof.
By participating in the Program, each Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, promotion and advertising agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and successors, assigns, and service providers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant and/or Participant’s participation in the Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS MEANS THAT PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS FROM SQUARE 9 AND ITS LICENSORS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SPONSOR’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO PARTICIPANT ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) YOUR ACTUAL LOSS; OR (B) $1,000. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Released Parties are not responsible for any products or services offered in the Square 9 GlobalAdvantage Rewards Portal. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF BREAKING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
As a condition of participating in the Program, Participant agrees that, except where prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Program or any item purchased therein shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Connecticut. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Connecticut.
If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Sponsored by: Square 9 Softworks, Inc., 127 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510.
© 2019 Square 9 Softworks, Inc. Square 9, and GlobalSearch are registered trademarks of Square 9 Softworks, Inc.