5 Ways Cloud-Based Software Protects Your Business Data
According to USA Today, 2018 experienced the largest data breaches of all time, with as many as 500 million people affected at once. These hacks involved high-profile companies, including Starwood Resorts, Yahoo!, and Under Armor, among others. Yet regardless of the size of your business, if you operate with a web-based infrastructure, you are automatically at risk for a cyberattack.
With minimally protected websites, software, and network systems, small businesses are the easiest targets for cyber criminals. Unfortunately, the SMB market is underprepared for these attacks because we only hear about Fortune 500 companies with data breaches in magnitude of millions of accounts.
Thankfully, cyber security has continued to evolve, and there are new solutions to help you protect your business. To start, consider investing in a comprehensive cloud-based document management solution that will help protect your business-critical data against viruses, malware and other threats.
GlobalSearch C2 is a cloud-hosted ECM solution that delivers a granular security model for protecting your most sensitive information from unauthorized access. GlobalSearch C2 combines the strengths of the industry-leading Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform with the granular security model of the award-winning GlobalSearch document management software. Together, these products deliver a secure and reliable option for managing your business content.
Let’s explore 5 ways GlobalSearch C2 cloud-based software protects your business information:
- Physical Security – AWS maintains large-scale data centers that offer full range protection in a secure environment. This includes physical access to their data center, fire detection and suppression, 24/7 power systems (including backup generators), and even state-of-the-art climate and temperature control.
- At Rest Document Encryption – With the use of both at rest and in transit encryption, GlobalSearch C2 leverages the highest security protocols available to protect your sensitive information. At rest encryption uses multi factor encryption with a unique key. Server-side encryption leverages the strongest block ciphers available – 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard – to protect your documents.
- Database Security – Before users can access documents in the cloud, they must first be granted access to the appropriate database. Each database within GlobalSearch C2 has its own set of user permissions. For example, you can create Human Resources specific databases that ensure no sensitive employee data is seen by anyone outside of the HR team.
- User Security – With GlobalSearch C2, your business has the ability to apply user-based security. This means, depending on position, responsibilities, or level, users created in the C2 interface will have different document views, access, and editing permissions. This includes editing a document, modifying its index data, adding annotations, and sharing files. User security can be broken down even further by searches, where specific documents can be shown or hidden based on their parameters.
- Audit Trail – By implementing a cloud solution, you will instantly have visibility into all document actions. Audit trail capabilities give administrators the ability to gain insight and easily see who viewed, edited, emailed, or moved a document. This ensures all user actions are tracked and accounted for.
With industry leading best practices, together Square 9 Softworks and Amazon Web Services provide organizations of every size with the tools needed to embrace a secure and compliant cloud hosted document management strategy. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of GlobalSearch C2 for protecting your data.