According to a recent study conducted by the Association for Intelligent Information Management (AIIM), the mass of incoming business information is expected to grow 4.2 times the current volume by 2021. Even more, over 60% of this information will be considered unstructured or semi-structured data. Efficiently managing unstructured information is a core content management challenge that many organizations face today – which is exactly why businesses around the world are looking to start their Digital Transformation journey.
AIIM’s 2019 Industry Watch Report takes a look at the current state of enterprise content management technologies and how user perceptions about them are changing. For this research study, AIIM surveyed over 300 decision-makers to discover the kinds of information management problems businesses are experiencing and how they are using solutions like document management software and capture automation to help.
Let’s explore 6 statistics about how organizations perceive content management technologies and how it affects the direction of business software:
- 79% of organizations feel that digital transformation is important to the future of their organization.
- The top 3 processes for a digital transformation initiative are IT processes (58%), Information Governance (42%), Customer service/experience (39%).
- The most highly adopted information technologies are document management and records management preservation.
- The most desired content services capabilities include content integration into core business processes (44%), flexible and hybrid deployment (39%), automated categorization and classification (35%).
- Over 50% of organizations see document automation as “highly important” or “a deal changer”, but for 70% of them, key processes are less than 50% automated.
- 34% of organizations are currently exploring content integration, migration, and collaboration technologies.
Growing information chaos is a real threat to the ability of organizations to operate effectively. The rising volume and variety of business information is creating a demand for new information management practices that keep pace with both structured and unstructured content challenges.
It’s more critical than ever that organizations digitally transform to stay efficient, productive and competitive. If you’re ready to drive a digital transformation strategy in your organization, contact Square 9 Softworks today to get started!